Friday, December 31, 2010

Mighty OJ - Product Review

Since Seymore drinks so much OJ, I got him a Mighty OJ juicer for Christmas. I picked it up at a neat local shop here in Austin, TX called Zinger Hardware. Zinger is also where I found the "Nana Saver," more on that on a later product review post.

The lever is a little tricky to get going, but once I got the hang of it, it works pretty well. The trick is to hold the left bottom foot with your left hand and then pull the lever with your right. Plus, the retro design looks pretty cool.


The production was about 3 oranges for a glass of juice similar to what is shown on the product photo to the right.


I made myself a glass of fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice. Yield was 1 Texas Rio Star grapefruit for an impressive glass of juice:


The color was great, and the juice was light and flavorful, without the bitterness that some grapefruit juices have. Too bad I'm working today, this juice was begging for me to make it into a Greyhound, or a Salty Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment