Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Day

Regretfully, I am a bit behind on my blog. Something to do with going back to work...what can you do?
I wanted to share a recipe that I tried for New Year's Day. I found it on the VeganYumYum blogsite, here is the link to the full recipe:

http://veganyumyum.com/2008/09/bubble-and-squeak-cakes/
Here is a photo of my finished product:



If you enjoy brussel sprouts, you will enjoy this dish. If you enjoy mashed potatoes, you may be able to tolerate the brussels...for me, I love brussels and mashers so this combination is perfect! I served with Austin Slow Burn Cranberry Habanero Jelly, which added a nice sweet-spicy kick. Would have also been great with gravy...maybe the Navy Bean Gravy featured on Epicurious.com...Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment